2/1/08

Composer of the Day!

Today’s Composer of the Day is Vinko Globokar.

(b. 1934)

This delightful composer is a traveler. He was born in France. He then moved to Yugoslavia. He also moved to Germany, where he worked with, none other than...





Karlheinz Stockglaubenmunchendiefledermaushausen.

He’s held conducting posts pretty much everywhere else.

Vinko is also a very good trombone player.

His music, while extremely original, has been compared to that of Helmut Lachenmann. He, too, uses extended techniques! You can catch some of it here.

He also held a post at IRCAM; but he is not dead.

You should listen to his music.

1 comments:

Sator Arepo said...

Got me with that one. I mean, I've heard of the dude, but I couldn't have come up with his name or any information, even under threat of torture.

"Globokar!"

I guess I should listen to his music...