4/16/08

Mmmm (licks lips)

I found this interest-piquing bit in the widely acclaimed Louisville Courier-Journal about a string quartet by Austrian composer Thomas Larcher.

To put it succinctly: This was a sensational account of a sensational piece by a sensation ensemble.

I don’t know what a “sensation ensemble” is, but it sounds naughty.

Yes, that’s three “sensationals” in the same sentence.

Aww. Too bad. Just a typo.

-

I’m glad I did some surfing, today. Seriously, Andrew Adler, keep up the good work!

5 comments:

Sator Arepo said...

Saw that one yesterday, made me laugh out loud. (Note: not LOL. Laugh out loud--ed.)

Sorry I jumped on your post, I hadn't realized you just posted.

Anonymous said...

Let's consult our thesaurus, shall we:

To put it succinctly: this was a histrionical account of a fantastical piece by a sensuous ensemble.

Oooo. I like that much better.

Sator Arepo said...

Well-done, Gustav. Although lost is the repetition for rhetorical effect device (anaphora, I think) for, uh, effect.

See what I did there?

Empiricus said...

Gross.

Aaron said...

I have to say I dig it when my wife wears her sensation ensemble.