1/26/09

Thinking Food

So, it's not so much of a critique as it is a I-shoulda-thought-about-it-more-so-let's-think-about-here post.

Having pondered it for a while, I decided to sign the petition to create a cabinet-level post for the arts. Unfortunately, I didn’t bother to think about the ramifications of having the arts bureaucratized. What would it look like? David A. Smith of the Wall Street Journal has some interesting things to say about it. I don't think it's as bad as he portrays, but he nonetheless makes his argument well.

Needless to say, I no longer have an answer, but still something tells me that it’s probably a good idea, at least in theory.

-

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

Anton.

Anton who?

Anton Bruckner. Now, give me Beethoven’s skull or suffer the consequences.

What are the consequences?

Adjectives.
-

0 comments: