7/31/08

Most Brilliant Analogy of the Day!

There are so many reasons why this is deserving of the "Most Brilliant Analogy of the Day" award. So numerous, in fact, that if I were to list each one, the internet would become inundated with Detrital bytes. Inevitably, they'd clog-up the tubes and all the computers in the world would explode. Since I don't want that--I know some of you need your Alex Ross fix--I'll just lay it out and you can find your own favorite reasons:

Experiencing a concert at a festival of contemporary music is much like visiting a contemporary art museum.

Wow. Brilliant. Speechless.
-

6 comments:

anzu said...

I hate to quash your fun, but the modern music/modern art analogy (I know that wasn't the exact analogy, but if we take out the action part of the analogy, you're left with the two objects, art and music) has been around (at least) since Copeland wrote that essay about modern music.

Sator Arepo said...

Ah, no. That, anzu, is exactly the point, I think. Your irony meter may need adjustment. ;)

Empiricus said...

Whose essay are you talkin' 'bout? Copeland or Copland?

anzu said...

Ha ha. My bad. :) Cop(sans e)land. I'm horrible with Tchaicovsky as well.

Empiricus said...

Just kidding.

anzu said...

Well, given how much I complain about spelling and grammatical errors, it's a very fair question.