4/24/08

Slightly Odd

This just caught my eye. I don’t have anything critical to say about it. It’s just...

It’s just an odd tone to set at the beginning of a positive review.

Since the Pavel Haas Quartet took its name from a prominent composer who perished in 1944 at Auschwitz, it would have been intriguing to have one of Haas’ quartets on the Buffalo program.

That was not the case, but the ensemble still provided an interesting and rewarding program...


See?

I told you. Slightly odd.
-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since the L.A. Philharmonic's concert hall is named for the late Walt Disney, it would have been intriguing to have...

Since the Calder Quartet is named for the American artist Alexander Calder it would have been intriguing to have...

Since Dr. Ernest J. and Sarah C. Bulter School Music at the University of Texas at Austin University of Texas Symphony Orchestra is named for Dr. Ernest J. and Sarah C. Butler, it would have been ... yadda yadda...

Not particularly germaine, but it amuses me.

I wish someone would name a quartet after me so they could not play my music. It would be a recorder or tuba quartet (or a quartet of two records and two tubas)...

Sator Arepo said...

I am now making it my life's mission to name a quartet after you. However, it will be comprised of sopranino saxophone, claves (alternately: maracas), ondes Martenot, and Theramin. Please write a piece for us!

Anonymous said...

If you actually put that group together, I would write a 40 minute magnum opus.